These claims generally happen one of three ways:
Your pet bites a human.
Your pet injures someone else’s pet.
Your pet injures another human- by knocking them down. Typically, this is a child, a bicyclist, an elderly person, or someone at a dog park who had their back turned to a wild, running pack of dogs.
Here’s a little known fact: You don’t have to pay rent to have a “renters” insurance policy. Don’t need to have a lease. You don’t have to be living in an apartment building. If you are living in a house or a space that you don’t own- it is a good idea to buy renters insurance. Even if the people that own the place are your own parents.
Young drivers cost more to insure because to put it bluntly- they are more risky. They are more likely to get into an accident and when they do get into an accident- it is much more likely to be fatal or have severe bodily injury. Car accidents are the leading cause of death for teenagers ages 15 – 20.
We care whether there is enough money in your underinsured and uninsured motorist coverages so that if you get hit by someone with less-than terrific insurance and you get injured and can no longer do your job… in fact… are injured to the point that you can no longer work- that there is some money to help you with the bills.
We care whether there is enough money to pay for all of the cars you hit on that icy road… so that if you are sued – you don’t have to sell the house your children are growing up in.
And yes, we care if you have enough coverage to get a new car if you get into a fight with a deer and the deer wins.
And we want you to care too.
“…And although I am definitely NOT a millionaire (not even close!)- my husband and I have been talking with my estate attorney about creating a trust- so that our property and assets will be distributed according to our wishes after we die. Having a trust in place will save our family money, time, and paperwork.”
News You Can Use
- Keystone Recalls G-Force Fireworks Due to Violation of Federal Standard; Explosion and Burn Hazards
- Grandma’s Fireworks Recalls Fireworks Due to Violation of Federal Standards; Explosion and Burn Hazards
- GS Fireworks Recalls Fireworks Due to Violation of Federal Standards; Explosion and Burn Hazards; Sold Exclusively at GS Fireworks
- Raw Basics, LLC. Recalls Tucker’s 5lb Pork-Bison Box Because of Possible Salmonella Health Risk
- Hong Lee Trading Inc. Issues Allergen Alert on Undeclared Milk Allergens in Chao Café Vietnamese Instant Coffee Mixed 3 in 1
- Dean Dairy Conducts Voluntary Recall of Tampico® Brand Tropical Punch in Illinois, Indiana and Wisconsin Because It May Contain Undeclared Allergen (Milk)